Thursday, May 5, 2011

Who Will It Be...?

2011 MTV MOVIE AWARDS


The MTV Movie Awards are back on June 5th. Jason Sudeikis is set to host the movie awards replacing the Hot Rod himself, Andy Samberg. I could only be so lucky to watch Andy Samberg host again for 2 hours straight. I guess I'll just get his SNL dvd's and that should be the equivalent. Either way, the nominees are out, the votes are rolling in so I thought....why not!? I voted, or at least the site made me think I voted.


BEST MOVIE
"Black Swan"
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1"
"Inception"
"The Social Network"
"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Hmmmm...two of my ALL TIME favorite series are included in this category (The Pots and The Cullens), but I think I walked away from Inception thinking whoever created that film is a GENIUS! Or very creative.

       VOTE INCEPTION!








BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
Daniel Radcliffe, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1"
Jesse Eisenberg, "The Social Network"
Robert Pattinson, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
Taylor Lautner, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

Zac Efron, "Charlie St. Cloud"

I have actually seen all the movies in this category EXCEPT Charile St. Cloud. Zac Efron was the male performer and cried on que. Enough said.

     VOTE CHARLIE (Zac)!


BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
Emma Stone, "Easy A"
Emma Watson, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1"
Jennifer Aniston, "Just Go With It"
Kristen Stewart, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
Natalie Portman, "Black Swan"


Emma Stone is absolutely hilarious. When Stone appeared in SuperBad, I wondered, "why would they choose her for this role...what was so special?" After seeing Easy A and a few other films she's been in, I realized, she has a dry, sarcastic sense of humor. Sounds like someone I know ;)

           VOTE EMMA!



BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
Adam Sandler, "Just Go With It"
Ashton Kutcher, "No Strings Attached"
Emma Stone, "Easy A"
Russell Brand, "Get Him to the Greek"
Zach Galifianakis, "Due Date"

This category was diffcult, mainly because I've seen 3 of the 5 movies. However, from my critiques and ones I've heard of the other two movies, Get Him to the Greek made me laugh the hardest I have since The Hangover, so I credit Russell Brand to a large portion of my laughter.

               VOTE BRAND!



BEST BREAKOUT STAR
Andrew Garfield, "The Social Network"
Chloë Grace Moretz, "Kick-Ass"
Hailee Steinfeld, "True Grit"
Jay Chou, "The Green Hornet"
Olivia Wilde, "Tron: Legacy"


I HAVE NOT SEEN 3 OF THE 5 MOVIES. I did not vote for this category in case my votes really did matter. So let's just say we...

          VOTE JUSTIN!



BEST LINE FROM A MOVIE
Alexys Nycole Sanchez, "Grown Ups"
"I want to get chocolate wasted."

Amanda Bynes and Emma Stone, "Easy A"
"There's a higher power that will judge you for your indecency." "Tom Cruise?"
Jesse Eisenberg, "The Social Network"
"If you guys were the inventors of Facebook, you'd have invented Facebook."
Justin Timberlake and Andrew Garfield, "The Social Network"
"A million dollars isn't cool. You know what's cool?" "A billion dollars. And that shut everybody up."
Tom Hardy, "Inception"
"You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling."


I laughed out loud at this quote more than any of the others; therefore,

VOTE CHOCOLATE SANCHEZ!













BEST SCARED-AS-... MOMENT
Ashley Bell, "The Last Exorcism"
Ellen Page, "Inception"
Jessica Szohr, "Piranha 3D"
Minka Kelly, "The Roommate"
Ryan Reynolds, "Buried"


Stupid category.

          VOTE JUSTIN!



BEST JAW-DROPPING MOMENT
James Franco, "127 Hours"
Justin Bieber, "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never"
Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page, "Inception"

Natalie Portman, "Black Swan"
Steve-O, "Jackass 3D"

I'm sure everyone will be voting for James Franco's moment, but I literally dropped my jaw when Natalie started to rip the feather out of her nail. I then almost threw up in my mouth a little and then had to shut my jaw, before closing my eyes for the rest of the movie in case that same scene happened again. So....

        VOTE NATALIE!













BEST VILLAIN
Christoph Waltz, "The Green Hornet"
Leighton Meester, "The Roommate"

Mickey Rourke, "Iron Man 2"
Ned Beatty, "Toy Story 3"
Tom Felton, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1"


Mickey Rourke scares me when he's not acting, so he pretty much has my vote for this category every time he is nominated.

        VOTE MICKEY!













(Looks like some of my friends from NE)

BEST FIGHT
Amy Adams vs. the sisters, "The Fighter"
Chloë Grace Moretz vs. Mark Strong, "Kick-Ass"
Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint vs. Death Eaters, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1"

Joseph Gordon-Levitt vs. Hallway Attacker, "Inception"
Robert Pattinson vs. Bryce Dallas Howard and Xavier Samuel, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"

This category was difficult one for my personalities to come to an agreement on.  I have the side that is fierce so I love the Amy Adams vs. the sisters fight because Amy has red hair and the whole dynamic between the two is hilarious. Twilight because the floor shook in real life when a wolf would tumble and it sparked my adventurous side, and Harry Potter because I almost peed my pants at that part, SCARY! But the part of me that loves how creative and intense the fight was in Inception won.

VOTE GORDON-LEVITT!













BIGGEST BADASS STAR
Alex Pettyfer, "I Am Number Four"
Chloë Grace Moretz, "Kick-Ass"
Jaden Smith, "The Karate Kid"
Joseph Gordon-Levitt, "Inception"
Robert Downey Jr., "Iron Man 2"

I have only seen 2 of the 5. Not substantial for an educated vote...

                 VOTE JUSTIN!

BEST KISS
Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, "Inception"
Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1"
Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse"
Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis, "Black Swan"

I'm not a 'lez' BUT....

VOTE NATALIE AND MILA!



Please Vote as I have here or else...WATCH OUT!


No comments:

Post a Comment