Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Classy New Year's Eve Disaster

The holidays have come to an end, and like many past New Years, once again, I blacked out. I'm not proud to admit this and honestly I might need to work on this frequent occurrence; however, the beginning of 2012 will be semi-remembered as the year I woke up to find a random pipe in my clutch.

The night started off wonderful and like many other nights do. We all gathered in our glittery, svelte wardrobes with hats, horns, and heels. I made a drink like mature, grown-ups do, half vodka- half energy drink. As I was mixing my adult beverage someone yelled, "Who wants a shot!?" I see how this night is going to be. Apparently I'm a sucker for vodka shots or just extremely terrible with peer pressure because the rest of the night's actions could be explained because of this very 'pressure'.

We headed to the club in Hollywood where we had bought $60 tickets for entry and an open bar. I won't name the club for protection that someone reading this might've seen us at this same club. We were probably 10th in line to enter. Two of us in the group decided to reverse climb through a vineyard, over a ledge to the 'smoker area' of the club in order to surpass the dreadful six minute wait. The rest of us entered the small and crowded club to find a Trojan army in our way for the open bar. We were able to make it through rather quickly, much like the Greeks: largely over-stated and deceivingly pretty. After ordering our drinks and back up drinks things started to get a bit fuzzy. As you can see my night was short-lived, I was now just another Trojan. After some much needed dancing on ledges and meeting a few 'new friends' the night was coming to an end. The clock struck twelve o' clock, we had our midnight kisses. I'm 98% sure mine was with my boyfriend.

After we wondered around the club for a couple more hours, we must've all accidentally ended up in the same spot in the club and decided, "Well, this is a better time to go than any." Not to mention, I think a fight was a brewin'. Literally. Side note: It's not a TRUE New Year's Eve unless one of three things happen: 1) You regret/forget the evening 2) The clock strikes midnight and you are in a car, gas station or bathroom. 3) You fight with one of your girlfriends. Luckily, we were way ahead of these rules. As we were leaving the club, I noticed a large group of people being pushed. It was a brawl!! My excitement was halted when I realized it was two of my friends that were involved. Oh wait, it was between my two friends. HOT MESS! After another one of us started a verbal fight with someone 'mean mugging' them the entire night we got in our separate cabs and headed toward the valley, where tonight, we belonged.

Back at Valley Headquarters, I remember the scene quite vividly. The elevator ride up to the apartment consisted of one cab fighting over who didn't pay, again, while the other cab complained about how the fighting needed to stop and also, it was true about the 'non-payers'. The two 'brawlers' were still going at it in the kitchen and then headed upstairs, which all could be heard throughout the complex. Another one of us was passed out on the couch, while you could find one dress sitting on the wooden floor in the middle of the kitchen eating pita chips and pringles. This whole time I could observe these things but I still have no clue what I was actually doing. Was I on the floor joining in the pita chip take down? Was I spooning the girl passed out? I know I didn't walk 2 miles home at 3 a.m. with the other member of the group.

The next morning, I woke up in pajamas and all my belongings were next to me. SUCCESS! I looked in another room to find the 'brawlers' sleeping in the same bed. SUCCESS? I headed home to pass out until 5:00 in the evening. Fail. Later that evening, I was digging through my clutch to find any extra cash I may've forgot to spend at the club, instead I found a pipe in my purse. I don't know how this got there, I don't know who put it there, and I know I didn't use it. Of course, my sister's guess about what I was doing while all the girls were fighting, eating, and sleeping, "You were probably off smoking pot somewhere."

So, all in all, I'd say the New Year's Eve night was a total disaster, but one that makes it much more interesting to tell and really tightens our bond as friends. ;) Cheers to more New Year's as classy as this one!! Love you all.
MG's Birthday/New Year's Eve 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment